Total Equipment Services Inc., requires a Mechanical Technician for our field contracts. The Mechanical Technician performs diagnostics, repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned mining equipment. This position will be given direction or guidance from the Service Manager.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, materials, equipment and procedures used in the diagnosis, overhaul, repair and adjustments of components and systems for vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Travel to customer locations to perform the installation or repair of underground mining vehicles, and equipment. This includes visits to underground locations.
- Knowledge of safety rules and precautions related to the use of tools, vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within a team environment
- Licensed Mechanical Technician (Truck & Coach, Automotive, Heavy Duty Diesel)
- Fifth year apprentice will be considered
- Underground experience an asset
- A valid driver’s license
***Competitive wages and pension are offered***
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org